Visual-q has established a network of dedicated consultants, offering specialist services to help our clients improve the welfare of their employees whether they work from home, remote locations or a more conventional office environment.
Home or office DSE Assessment
DSE projects may include individual workstation risk assessments at an employee's home or at a central office location but in both cases the assessment will include a combination of observation, measurement and interview covering subjects including IT equipment, furniture, posture, environment, work routine. Training will be given on a one to one basis in aspects of health display screen equipment use and each user will be given a copy of HSE publication and a simple guide to setting up a workstation as an aide memoir. We will present 'signed off' assessment forms together with a comprehensive risk report, which collates risks and follow-up actions. If equipment or accessories are required we will recommend appropriate products and suppliers.
Fully Managed DSE Service
We can offer comprehensive DSE managed services to include home-office workers to companies who want us to provide a holistic approach to ergonomic risk management. Using either computer based HEALTHY WORKING or our on-site assessment service as a base, additional levels of care can be introduced.
- Telephonic/Skype intervention.
- On-site intervention.
- DSE triage.
On completion of this one day DSE Assessor Course the delegates will have
- Examined the impact of ergonomics on the workplace including 'agile' home workers
- Discussed the implementation of the DSE regulations (1992).
- Evaluated hazards and risks related to workstation use.
- Walked through the stages of a DSE risk assessment.
- Developed a process and checklist for carrying out a DSE risk assessment.
- Carried out a DSE assessment at a user's workstation or home.
- Reviewed feedback and learned from practical DSE assessment.
- Created a personal action plan for carrying out DSE assessments.